This first-in-a-series guide gives you brief and easy recommendations on policies you can set at your organization to secure mobile devices, mitigate mobile threats, and secure company data.
Below is a preview of this whitepaper. To get your own copy of this whitepaper, fill out the form to your right.
Policies To Mitigate Device Threats
In order to protect corporate data and resources from mobile device security threats, it’s critical to have device security policies in place—as well as processes and tools to ensure their effectiveness. Some of the greatest threats to corporate data from mobile device use can occur via:
- Lost/stolen devices and terminated employees
- Employee behavior: Leaking corporate data into mobile apps, like Dropbox and Evernote
- Jailbroken devices
- Trojans that infect devices, such as DroidDream
- Employees unknowingly install abusive apps that leak contact, calendar, and location data like prior versions of LinkedIn and Path
- Phishing attacks via SMS and Email
- Sniffing and Man-In-The-Middle attacks from using unprotected networks